Are you the type of person who enjoys the challenges of managing production workflow?
Do you want to work for a leather goods brand that not only focuses on upholding high product quality standards, but in sustainability and reducing waste in the production process?
Do you want a job that offers the chance to work in a creative studio and lead a team of talented artisans?
About Freebird of California
FreeBird of California is an established leather goods brand offering thoughtfully designed handmade leather accessories and handbags to the Bay Area. This women-led company manufactures handcrafted leather goods that are ethically sourced and manufactured with minimal waste and upcycling, offering fine leather options for goods at various price points. Our bright open workstudio, located in Oakland’s Fairfax district has been around since 2020. Our values lie in ethical sourcing, sustainability, artisan made goods, renewal. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone thrives. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of renewing local manufacturing!
We are looking for a Production Manager to join our growing team and guide our local production team. This position offers freedom and flexibility in schedule and opportunity to take charge in the fast growing company. Production manager will work in tandem with the owner/product developer to plan, coordinate and control manufacturing processes so that products are delivered on time and within budget. As a production manager, you'll make sure our leather goods are produced safely, cost-effectively and on time and that they meet our high quality standards. A friendly, positive attitude is crucial for motivating, supporting and providing guidance to our small production staff. This role requires proficiency in all aspects of leather production including parts assembly, skiving, hand and machine sewing, stamping, and edge finishing.
- Quality control - High Attention to detail. maintaining high quality craftsmanship standards across the floor.
- Track daily online order production queue and wholesale orders.
- Ensuring all safety and health standards are met to keep an organization accident-free
- Maintains standards for pattern and materials library
- Communicate regularly with owner regarding problems or issues impacting production
- Evaluating machine resources to ensure continued production and minimal downtime
- This position requires the ability to lift 25-50lbs (receiving materials, leather deliveries)
- 2-4 years experience with the production of handcrafted products.
- Uses logic and reasoning to evaluate alternatives and make effective, timely decisions
- Adaptability/Agility: Tolerates uncertainty and ambiguity and can change priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Creates and fosters team building that maximize accomplishments; encourages unique contributions and different perspectives
- Inclusion & Diversity: Creates/supports an inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
$25-$28/hr, Full-time, paid bi-weekly
flexible work options
CalSavers 401K matching
Open availability from 9am-6pm Monday-Friday
Once you submit your apply, you will receive a confirmation email.
From there we carefully review your application and respond personally to the applicants that best match the qualifications.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other factors prohibited by law.