Sales and Development Assistant
Are you the type of person who is an experienced multi-tasker and a whiz in customer service?
Do you want to work with a growing company that focuses on fine crafted leather goods manufactured locally and sustainably?
Do you want a job that provides a chance to grow within a diverse team and develop your role?
About Freebird of California
FreeBird of California is an established leather goods brand offering thoughtfully designed handmade leather accessories and handbags to the Bay Area. This women-led company manufactures handcrafted leather goods that are ethically sourced and manufactured with minimal waste and upcycling, offering fine leather options for goods at various price points. Our bright open workstudio, located in Oakland’s Fairfax district has been around since 2020. Our values lie in ethical sourcing, sustainability, artisan made goods, renewal. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone thrives. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of renewing local manufacturing!
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to keep our office running smoothly and efficiently. This is a great opportunity to assist our team with diverse projects and provide general administrative and sales support. This dual sales/admin role you will work in the studio to assist the owner in online communications with vendors and customers and with studio retail sales. We’re a small company, which means there’s a growth path within the company and learning opportunities. The studio also accepts walk-in customers during the week so you will be that point person to direct customers towards our collection and upsell our custom options and repair services. Some weekend sales coverage may be required for seasonal events with travel and food stipend included. If you enjoy chipping in to help a team reach its goal, and build your knowledge along the way, this may be the role for you.
Duties & Details
- Support material sourcing/development and prototyping i.e. Research, sourcing.
- Create POs for ordering raw materials. Communicate with relevant suppliers and follow up on raw materials developments.
- Forward all new online production orders to the production team.
- Communicate with customers via email and SM and troubleshoot inquiries.
- Data file backup and sync new orders into quickbooks
- Run the day-to-day operations of the showroom and attend sales at pop-up events
- Pack and fulfill online orders via Shopify daily. Arrange shipment pickups.
- Provide technical product information, and support in-store transactions and omnichannel programs (e.g., buy online pickup in store, phone sales)
- Combine your love of fashion and luxury products with your selling skills in an inclusive team environment
- Be proud to work for a company that manufactures its products right here in the USA
- 10% travel for weekend pop-up events.
- Associates degree required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 2+ years experience in a professional environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite (Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, etc) Google Suite, and CRM.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and reprioritize as needed
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Quick learner and self-starter
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Must demonstrate an energetic, helpful, positive demeanor
- Flexible and can work a schedule that includes weekend hours
- This position requires the ability to lift 25-50lbs (loading and set-up for events, receiving material deliveries)
$20/hr, Part-time to full-time, paid bi-weekly
Flexible and remote work options
CalSavers 401K matching
Open availability from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
Occasional weekend 9am-5pm availability
Once you submit your apply, you will receive a confirmation email.
From there we carefully review your application and respond personally to the applicants that best match the qualifications.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other factors prohibited by law.