Social Media Manager
Are you the type of person who is self-driven with a passion for communications and media?
Do you want to work with a growing company that focuses on fine crafted leather goods manufactured locally and sustainably?
Do you want a job that provides a chance to drive content strategy and develop your own unique vision?
About Freebird of California
FreeBird of California is an established leather goods brand offering thoughtfully designed handmade leather accessories and handbags to the Bay Area. This women-led company manufactures handcrafted leather goods that are ethically sourced and manufactured with minimal waste and upcycling, offering fine leather options for goods at various price points. Our bright open workstudio, located in Oakland’s Fairfax district has been around since 2020. Our values lie in ethical sourcing, sustainability, artisan made goods, renewal. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone thrives. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of renewing local manufacturing!
We are looking for a creative email marketer to drive consumer engagement as well as bringing in new followers for our company as well as build brand awareness. You will be in charge of our SM accounts. Curate posts and stories. You alongside the owner, Amber, will develop ideas for Reels/TikTok content. In Later and Monday you will plan a month’s worth of content based on our product launches and events. Graphic design experience is crucial. We are looking for someone with soulful engaging copy writing skills with a passion for social justice. This is a part-time remote position that is great for a freelancer or student with 4 hrs/wk and the opportunity to develop into 20hrs/wk. Priority will be given to applicants in the Bay Area available for on-site meetings and photoshoots.
- Manage social media platforms (3), Pinterest, Instagram and TicTok.
- Coordinate with the owner to create, and manage a social media calendar based on a company's product, marketing needs and cultural trends.
- Plan and execute all social media content by creating original, fashion-forward, and innovative brand-right custom content using our imagery & videos, using engaging copywriting that speaks to our target audience.
- Create monthly reports on key metrics such as engagement, traffic, new followers, ROI for ads.
- Manage our influencer network including vetting new influencer’s as well content development with current influencers
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- 1-3 years experience as a strong cross-functional partner known for B2C social media marketing or content development
- A team player – easy to work with, positive, motivating, and incredibly collaborative
- Creative, big-thinker with the ability to translate ideas into digestible, strategic plans
- You are a natural born leader. You are proactive, think ahead, and come prepared
- Passionate about storytelling, content creation strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Direct experience using customer relationship management tools (Asana, Monday, Hubspot)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Social media management tools (Later, Planoly)
- design programs like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Canva
Contract - $35/hr. Part-time, paid bi-weekly
2-4 hours/week with more as needed
Once you submit your apply, you will receive a confirmation email.
From there we carefully review your application and respond personally to the applicants that best match the qualifications.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other factors prohibited by law.